Here is a simple recipe for a basic bread using only flour, yeast, salt, and hot water:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (about 120-130°F)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and yeast.
2.Pour the hot water into the bowl and stir until all the ingredients are well combined and a sticky dough forms.
3.Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it sit in a warm place for 2-3 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Preheat your oven to 450°F
5. Preheat Dutch Oven w/ lid at 450°F for 30 minutes before baking.
6.Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and shape it into a round loaf.
*(Optional) add baking paper to Dutrch oven.
7. Place the loaf into the preheated Dutch Oven w/ lid and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover the Dutch Oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
9. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your freshly baked bread!
My whole family enjoys this recipe so much I just had to share, it takes virtually no time to make and the results are delicious guests will think you've put hours in the kitchen for this bread! We always love making an olive oil dip with ours.