Spring arrives March 21st in Hagerstown and we can hardly wait! Here are all the ways my family will be celebrating the 2023 spring season in Hagerstown, plus a list of upcoming events in Hagersotwn where your family can get outside and enjoy the warmer weather:
Spring Fun in Hagerstown, Maryland all season long:
- Visit the Hagerstown City Park: This beautiful park is home to many attractions, including a lake, a museum, and a train exhibit. It's a great place to relax, take a walk, or have a picnic.
- Attend the Western Maryland Blues Fest: This annual music festival takes place in June, but it's never too early to start planning! The festival features top blues musicians from around the country and is a great way to enjoy some live music.
- Take a hike at the C&O Canal National Historical Park: The park offers miles of hiking trails along the historic canal, which is a beautiful spot for a springtime stroll.
- Visit the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts: This museum features a collection of American and European art, including works by renowned artists such as Rembrandt and Rodin. Admission is free.
- Go shopping at the Hagerstown Premium Outlets: The outlets offer discounts on designer brands, and there are plenty of restaurants and other attractions nearby.
- Attend a baseball game at Municipal Stadium: The Hagerstown Suns, a minor league baseball team, plays at this stadium. Games are a fun way to enjoy a spring evening.
- Visit the Antietam National Battlefield: This historic site is the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the Civil War. You can take a tour of the battlefield and learn about the history of the area.
- Check out the Hagerstown Aviation Museum: This museum features aircraft and artifacts from the history of aviation. It's a great place to learn about the pioneers of flight.
- Attend a performance at the Maryland Theatre: The theatre hosts a variety of shows, including concerts, plays, and dance performances.
- Explore the Hagerstown Cultural Trail: This walking trail connects many of the city's cultural attractions, including the Maryland Theatre, the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts, and the Hagerstown Cultural Arts District. It's a great way to explore the city and get some exercise!
March events in Hagerstown, MD
March 1st - 15th
March 15th - 31st
- MSO Storytime "The Bear and the Piano"
- Twenty-Seventh Annual Flower & Garden Show
- Clover Kids Run -St. Patrick's Day Run Fest
- St. Patricks Day Class, Craft, & Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Youth Paint Night
- An Enchanted Evening Daddy/Daughter Dance
We will continue to update our Macaroni Kid Hagerstown March Guide with events as they are posted, so check back often!
Do you know of a family-friendly spring event taking place in Hagerstown that isn't listed here? Please submit your event here Events | Macaroni KID Hagerstown and we will add it to our list!